-
Molly posted in the group Water news
Hi again everyone
I just came across another interesting article, relevant for educators but also anyone who’s interested in supporting kids to become ‘Ocean Heros’ (or becoming one themself!)
It’s full of resources and tips and is written in a really encouraging way, which isn’t too overwhelming. Let us know what heroic actions you set up after…Read More -
Molly posted in the group Water news
Hi everyone!
I just came across this interesting Surfrider article about their Student Clubs network. It’s a very cool initiative for young people to become more involved in Surfrider’s activities through project-based learning (beach clean ups, awareness raising…) The article explains how a club can be started, how to get it registered, and…Read More -
Luca Jendrek posted in the group Water news
Learning about key ocean topics while walking, doing excercise, cooking or cleaning or just simply relaxing? 👀 We got you. Ocean calls is a podcast series by EuroNews that broadcasts powerful stories, expert insights, and inspiring solutions to protect our oceans and tackle the climate crisis.…Read More
-
Luca Jendrek posted in the group Water news
Everybody loves Nemo, especially children! 🐠 But have you ever wondered how accurate the “Finding Nemo” movie is when it comes to marine life & interactions?🔍 Check out this article to find out more! Dont forget to share the information with your students!
-
Luca Jendrek posted in the group Water news
🌊📚 This article is a curated guide featuring a diverse range of ocean-themed literature — spanning marine science 🧪, environmental advocacy 🌍, memoirs ✍️, and fiction 📖. Which one caught your attention? 🤔✨
- Load More Posts
About Me
I'm a marine biologist, an Assistant professor working at the Department of Ecology, Agronomy and Aquaculture at the University of Zadar, Croatia. I was a vice president of the European Marine Science Educators Association (EMSEA) (2018-2022) and a coordinator of the regional EMSEA Mediterranean group, EMSEA – Med (2015-2022). I'm an ocean literacy (OL) expert, working in this field since 2015 and my OL work focuses on advancing OL in the Mediterranean basin, the role of Ocean Literacy in sustainable management of the Mediterranean Sea ecosystems and resources, as well as inclusion of OL in education at different educational levels. I'm very engaged in science outreach working mainly with preschool and school children.
Friends
Groups
